Sunday, December 8, 2013

Review of "SparkPeople New YOU Bootcamp: Day 1 Cardio Workout"

I often look at the "recommended videos" that YouTube displays for me, and "SparkPeople New YOU Bootcamp: Day 1 Cardio Workout" was one of them the other day. It is an older series meant to be part of a 28 day plan. I decided that I would review the 7 workouts. The first day is cardio training, and the rest of the days are strength training. In addition, you are supposed to do 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week if you are following their instructions. I am going to follow this plan for the next 7 days so I can review it and also maybe recover some from the holiday calories I have been ingesting.

One thing I didn't notice until I was setting up my playlist for future workouts is that all of the rest of the workouts require a stability ball. I think that would be discouraging to their original audience - people that have started their New Year's Resolutions and might not have a lot of fitness equipment on hand.


I had just finished the Get Running app's Week 5, Run 3, with some friends. Walk 5, Run 20, Walk 5. So I was a little tired going into this. However, it felt really good. I think it would be a decent intensity for someone starting out. However, there is a lot of jumping - it hurt my knee a little bit. That could be harder when you are not used to exercise.And the moves are simple enough for someone who has done a kickboxing workout before. However, it might be on the complicated side for a newbie.

I am looking forward to reviewing the rest of the series this week. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment