Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review of "Express Cycle class 3; FULL 30 minutes" from eFit30

I was getting ready to workout but didn't really feel like doing anything that I had on my playlist. I was also trying to challenge myself to do a video from a content provider I haven't seen before. This is why I chose "Express Cycle class 3; FULL 30 minutes" from eFit30.


Obviously, you will need a stationary bike. I picked mine up off of Craigslist a couple years back and it sits in the corner of one of the bedrooms. It doesn't get a ton of use, so I was glad to actually use it! I have done longer rides on this bike (for me, anyway) - a typical ride has been 8 or 9 miles. This workout really changed my idea of what a workout on a bike can be like. It was very difficult for me to do, but it made me feel like I want to get good enough to do this workout without modifications.

During much of the ride, there is a "picture in picture" of a cyclist's view who is actually riding a bike. I must admit that I get motion sick easily from watching quick movement on TV or a movie screen. However, I did not feel sick at all from this video, and I was pleasantly surprised. I did watch that part of the screen sometimes, but it was easy to not focus on it, too. I'm sure there are people that really enjoy the cyclist view.

I realize that spinning / cycle classes have been around for a while, but this was my first introduction to this fitness genre. I first had to figure out the tension knob on my bike, and I stayed between level 1 and 2 for my particular bike during the workout. It was still very challenging. I also did not understand the difference between some of the standing positions, but a little research could take care of that. It was a great experience for a first-timer to this kind of class.

Would I do this one again? Maybe! I think I would look around for a class geared a little more towards a beginner to cycling class.

No comments:

Post a Comment