Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review of "Denise Austin: Bootcamp Body Blast"



Today's review is of "Denise Austin: Bootcamp Body Blast". It is from her "Boot Camp: Total Body Blast" DVD.




This workout does not require any equipment unless you want a mat for some of the floor exercises. I want to say that the first half of this workout was not my favorite. After some thought, the most likely reason was that they were moving too fast for me. I was feeling neither fit enough or fast enough to get the moves done the same way the people on the screen were. This usually doesn't bother me, but today it did. I think it also has to do with the lack of explanation that Denise gives before the moves, so I am always feeling two steps behind. I did enjoy the second half much more, maybe because they were more familiar moves to me.

This workout includes planks (with modifications), jumping jacks (which I modified myself), and lots of kickboxing moves. There were enough kickboxing moves that I wondered why it was labeled a bootcamp DVD. I would rate this workout more towards intermediate than beginner.

Would I do this one again? I might, just to see if my first impression of it was fair. If I owned the DVD, rather than watching it on the BeFit channel, I would probably do it again just to get my money's worth. But this is not going on my favorite list.

No comments:

Post a Comment