Monday, November 18, 2013

Standing Power Pilates Workout: Denise Austin on YouTube

I was browsing through the BeFit channel and this workout caught my eye. I decided to give it a try, even though it would be hard to hear over my husband using the treadmill. (We have a fairly LOUD treadmill).



Besides not being able to hear Denise's cueing very well, the workout went OK. I had hoped to tag this a "small space" workout, but there are some planks included (which I had to modify for my fitness level). So it's a "sort of small place" workout. And technically, it's not standing pilates if you are doing planks! 

I think it is an OK workout, and it would be good to throw in for variety, but there are other workouts that are better. I plan to highlight one tomorrow that you can buy from Amazon. It is a longer workout, but it is effective and personally, it helped to tone my muscles and make me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment